First off, welcome to our practice. Here at Ben Jeffcote’s rooms your experience as a patient is of the utmost importance to our team.
From our very first interaction with you, through your treatment, surgery and postoperative rehabilitation we aim to offer an efficient and effective service you can trust to support you on your journey back to maximum function.
Ben Jeffcote's private consulting suites are located in Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic in the SJOG Murdoch Medical Centre and Sportreat & Total Lifecare in Palmyra. Please let our team know which location you would like to attend when booking your appointment.
Ben holds private hospital operating lists regularly at St John of God Hospital Murdoch, South Perth Hospital and Hollywood Private Hospital.
In the public hospital system Ben operates from Fremantle Hospital and Rockingham General Hospital.
Please contact our rooms by phone at 6332 6360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment for all of Mr Jeffcote's consulting locations. Alternatively, request an appointment above and our office will contact you within one working day.
You do not need a GP referral to book your appointment, however you will require one at the time of your consultation in order to get a partial Medicare rebate.
Ben Jeffcote is able to see uninsured patients in the private rooms for consultations, standard consultation fees apply.
Uninsured patients requiring surgical intervention will be given the option to self-fund their surgery in the private sector or be referred to Mr Jeffcote’s public waiting lists at either Fremantle Hospital or Rockingham General Hospital, usual waiting periods for the public waiting lists will apply.
It's important to note that if you elect to have surgery in the public health system and your residential address is outside of the catchment area determined by the public health system for Fremantle or Rockingham your surgery will be reallocated to your nearest hospital and a surgeon.
- Please email us your GP referral if possible. If your Doctor is sending a referral directly to our rooms, please contact us a few days prior to your appointment to confirm we have received it.
- If not already discussed please let us know where you have had any imaging taken (eg. SKG, PRC, Western Radiology.). This ensures we can electronically access your scans. We ask that you patients do not bring hard copies of scans and imaging CDs unless discussed with our office prior to your appointment.
- Please bring your Health Cards: Medicare Card, Pension Card (if applicable), DVA card (if applicable), Private Health Fund Card.
- Have your Provider Details: Please have the details of your regular GP (if they are different to your referring doctor), physiotherapist, and other relevant specialists to hand. This helps to make the process smoother in the event that we need to contact them.
- Workers Compensation Patients: Ensure you bring the details of your insurance company, case manager and your claim number. Please note that if you are a workers compensation patient and do not have a current claim number or letter of acceptance from your insurer we require you to pay for your consultation on the day and claim this fee back from your insurer.
- Clothing: Please wear shorts or loose pants that easily roll up to show the injured joint.
- Due to the varying nature of orthopaedic appointments we ask that you please allow up to 60 minutes for your appointments with Mr Jeffcote.
Part of our mission at Ben Jeffcote’s Rooms is to provide quality health care at a manageable cost for patients of all backgrounds. We encourage patients to contact our office team directly with any specific queries about consultation and surgery fees.
Consultation Fees (as at 1st November 2020).
Initial Consultation/New Referrals $205.00
Subsequent Consultations $102.00
Medicare rebates apply for patients who hold a current referral and Medicare card.
Please note that payment of consultation fees is required on the day of your appointment. We do not carry change for cash payments at our premises. Please bring the correct change or be prepared to pay via Eftpos.
Surgery Fees (as at 1st of November 2020).
As part of our response to the COVID-19 outbreak in early 2020 we decided to reduce our surgery gap fees for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak in Australia.
While we're pleased with WA's recovery so far we understand that many of our patients are still feeling the financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and as such will be extending our reduction of gap fees to June 2021.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and are planning for a surgery date we encourage you to speak to our practice staff about your options.
Ben Jeffcote is a HBF preferred provider.
Surgery fees vary based on the surgery required and your level private health insurance. For an estimate of fees tailored specifically to you please contact our office team.
For your convenience we recommend being dropped off or catching public transport to your appointment when possible.
To plan your trip via public transport please visit the Transperth Journey Planner webpage here
Buses run every few minutes from Murdoch Train Station to the bus stop outside the Wexford Medical Centre. Follow the signage to the Murdoch Medical Clinic.
Patient Drop Off
There is a patient pickup and drop off zone at the entrance of the Murdoch Medical Clinic. Enter through Gate 1 off Barry Marshall Pde.
Parking for patients is available in the St John of God Hospital carpark. This is charged at $3.00 per hour. Enter through Gate 1 off Barry Marshall Pde. The closest carpark to the St John of God Medical Clinic is P2. Limited ACROD parking is available.
Please see the attached map for further information, the Murdoch Medical Clinic is located towards the centre of the map. Murdoch Parking Map
Buses run regularly on Canning Hwy throughout the day. The nearest stop is located about 100 meter walk from Sportreat.
Patient Drop Off
There is driveway at the front of the clinic off Murray Road which can be used for pickups and drop offs.
Free parking is available onsite in the Sportreat carpark off Murray Road. Additional parking can be found in the nearby shopping centre.
Buses run regularly to Hollywood Medical Centre from the surrounding suburbs and major train stations stopping on Monash Ave, Hampden Road, Hospital Ave and Stirling Hwy. Please visit the Transperth website to plan your trip.
Patient Drop Off
There is a patient pickup and drop off zone located at the entrance to Hollywood Private Hospital. Enter via Gate 2 off Monash Ave.
Paid parking for patients and visitors is available in the multi-storey carpark behind the Hollywood Medical Centre. This is charged at $3.60 per hour. Enter through Gate 5 off Monash Ave. A courtesy buggy for patient transport is available on the Hollywood Hospital grounds if required.
Please see the attached map for further information, the Hollywood Private Hospital entrance is located in the bottom left hand side, building A. Hollywood Parking Map
For your convenience please download a copy of our New Patient Pack and return this to us via email or bring it with you on the day of your appointment.